The 45th Lambeth Country Show will return to Brockwell Park on Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st July 2019. It is estimated that the show attracts 150,000 visitors each day and we are a small but integral part of this events.
Each year we move most of the farm animals down to Brockwell Park the Friday before the show, to set up our site and get ready to welcome as many visitors as possible. It’s a fantastic weekend that allows us to meet a much larger number of people, then we ever could at the farm, and helps us reach many residents from Lambeth and further afield, that otherwise may never have found out about us.
It is also our biggest fundraising event of the year, and the only way to make it a success is with your help!
We couldn’t run this show without your help.
Each year, we have around 40 volunteers per day that help us with all the various tasks and activities such as:
– Greet visitors and shake donation buckets at the entrance
– Ensure no food or drink is taken inside the farm zone and consumed around the animals
– Ensure animal welfare throughout the day, topping up waters and feeds as instructed and reporting anything suspicious to a member of staff
– Give information about the animals and the Vauxhall City Farm charity and all its services
– Undertake regular site walks throughout the day to ensure the farm zone is safe for people as well as animals, reporting anything suspicious to a member of staff
– Face Paint
– Help keep the site clean and tidy with regular site walks to litter pick and empty bins
– Help out in Cuddle Corner, where visitors can meet some of our smaller animals up close in 10 minute cuddle sessions
– Thank people for their visitor on their way out and reminding them to wash their hands
– and much more…
On Friday 19th July we pack up the equipment and animals at Vauxhall City Farm, and ferry everything down to Brockwell Park, get it all set up and ready for the weekend. Normally this happens between 10am and 5pm
People needed: 10-15
On Saturday 20th July, the show is open to the public 12pm – 8pm. We ask volunteers to get to the Farm Zone at 10.30am, for a morning briefing at 11am and any last minute tasks. At the end of Saturday, after all the visitors have left and all the animals have been fed and put to bed, we normally have some dinner behind our pitch with all our volunteers, to say thank you and celebrate the end of the first show day.
People needed: 30-50
On Sunday 21st July, the show is open to the public 12pm – 8pm. We ask volunteers to get to the Farm Zone at 10am, to assist with getting the animals out and the site ready for the day. At the end of the day we pack down the site and move the animals back to Vauxhall City Farm. This normally takes 2-3 hours after the show is finished.
People needed: 30-50
On Monday 22nd July we unload all equipment at Vauxhall City Farm, from the night before and put the farm back together as well as going down to Brockwell Park, to pick up the straw bales left there and clean the site.
People needed: 3-5