Update January 2021: Regrettably, our Riding School is temporarily closed, and has to remain so whilst we carry out essential repairs and refurbishment. We are planning to restructure our offer, once all necessary repair works have been completed, and we look forward to sharing updates with you all, as the work progresses.
We have a range of horses and ponies at the farm that suit most needs and skill level. The horses/ponies on site take part in jumping, flat work, Riding for the Disabled lessons, or beginner adult and children lessons. We also offer weekly or one-off lessons to school groups, summer camps, and other similar groups.
All our lessons must be booked and paid for in advance.
You can book and pay for individual lessons, or you can book a block of 10 lessons, with a 5% discount. Refunds on block bookings are not possible. If for any reason we are unable to provide the lesson, we will carry them forward and book them in for future slots.
Birthday parties and other types of pony parties can be run at the farm, and we offer lessons for school groups from Tuesday to Friday prior to evening lessons.
Current Riding Lesson Timetable
Tuesdays 16:00 – 20:30
Wednesdays 16:00 – 18:30
Thursdays 16:00 – 18:30
Fridays 14:00 – 18:30
Saturdays 10:00 – 16:45
Sundays 9:00 – 17:00
Tuesday to Friday private lessons after 4pm
Adult 30 Minute Private lessons – £40.00
(RDA) Children 30 Minute Private lessons – £30.00
Childrens 30 Minute Private lesson – £35.00
Semi private 30 minute lessons – adults & children – £25.00 per rider
Civil Service Riding Club – Tuesday evenings from 5.30pm
30 minute Private lessons £40.00
45 minute Group Lessons £35.00
30 Minute group lessons for children 7 years and up, £30.00 (per child)
Lessons from 10am – 4pm
There is also availability on Saturday and Sunday to book private lessons and birthday parties. This is from 2pm – 4.30pm. Please for information.
Riding for the Disabled
Riding offers therapeutic benefits and the chance for riders to achieve their personal goals. As a registered RDA centre, we offer Riding for the Disabled lessons for school groups and individuals. All of our individual lessons, and a few of the weekday children’s groups, are suitable for disabled riders.
Own A Pony Days
Age: 8 – 14 years old
Cost: £80 per child
Footwear: Heeled boot or wellington boot (contact us if you are unsure about footwear)
Clothing: Full length leggings/jodhpurs and long sleeved top
Helmet: Will be provided by us
Lunch: Please bring a packed lunch with you – catering is not provided
Information for all riders
- We provide hats to all our riders. Hats must be fitted by a member of staff and returned once the lesson is finished
- We do not provide riding boots. Shoes need to be closed toe to ride. (We do provide safety stirrups)
- All riders must wear comfortable but fitted clothing. Clothing mustn’t flap in the wind so as not to spook the horses
- All riders need to be 4 years and up to ride at the farm
- All weekend children’s groups are for 7 years and up. Younger children can ride in the afternoon in the private lessons
- We have ponies and horses that cater to all different heights and weights
- Our Maximum weight for RDA/Novice riders is 12 stone/80kg
- Our Maximum weight for Experienced Riders is 14 stone/88kg
- Riding lessons go ahead even if the weather is bad, as long as horses and riders will be safe
- If scheduled riding lessons are unable to go ahead due to severe weather, this will be substituted with a stable management lesson instead
- We have a 48 hours cancellation/rescheduling policy. Any lesson cancelled / rescheduled with less than 48 hours notice will be charged to your account
- We are unable to leave horses tacked up and waiting in the arena for longer than 15 minutes. If a client is more than 15 minutes late, their horse will be taken back to its stable and the lesson will be classed as a late cancellation and the account will be charged.
All new riders must complete a Rider Registration Form and email it to the riding team prior to their first lesson.
Vauhall City Farm is an Approved Centre, Centre Number 10001594. The British Horse Society.
Share this page