This is an exciting opportunity to become involved with one of London’s hidden treasures. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is passionate about working with people and horses and is enthusiastic about what we can offer in our urban riding school for local communities who often have least access to equine related programmes and activities.
A new Riding School team are in the process of being recruited and a new riding business plan has been created. This will offer the Riding Manager the opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the future development and restart of the Riding School. The role offers a great working environment and further training opportunities.
Vauxhall City Farm strives to be a diverse and inclusive workplace. We particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian, or other minority backgrounds that are underrepresented on the farm.
Job Title: Riding Manager
Contract Type: Permanent (subject to successful probationary period)
Hours: 35 hours per week (excluding lunch breaks) with regular evening and weekends
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Riding School sessional staff, volunteers, trainees
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Riding School. This includes the development of our riding programme and the delivery of our riding lessons. The post holder will be responsible for the management of equestrian staff, and for the care and welfare of VCF Riding School horses. You will be the go-to person for matters relating to our Riding School, ensuring the activities and programmes meet our strategic objectives and values.
- To manage the smooth running of all operations within the riding school on a daily basis (including horse care, stable management, feeding, bedding etc.)
To provide effective line management for all riding school staff and volunteers, facilitating regular supervision meetings, annual reviews and day to day management.
- To review all sessional staff time sheets, and submit to the Operations Manager on the 2nd of each month
- To manage all horse riding lessons within the riding school
- To ensure all licenses are kept up to date
- Ensure that VCF is compliant with all relevant regulations, organisational policies and processes relating to the Riding School by working with the staff team to conduct risk assessments, review our procedures and fulfil our data protection and H&S responsibilities.