Job Title: Operations Manager
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 full year equivalent
Contract Type: Temporary fixed term contract for for 12 months (renewable)
Hours: 35 hours per week with flexibility to work some weekends when required
Responsible To: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible For: Livestock & Farmyard Coodinator, Café front of house staff, KickStart Workers (6- month contracts)
Closing date: 4pm, Thursday 10th June 2021
Apply with CV and cover letter explaining how their skills and experience match the job requirements. Send CV/Cover letter to info@vauxhallcityfarm.
This is an exciting opportunity to become involved with one of London’s hidden treasures. Covering over 1.5 acres of land, Vauxhall City Farm is home to over 100 animals and provides Londoners the opportunity to experience the sights, sounds and smells of the countryside without leaving the city. It also offers opportunities, education and training to the local community and beyond.
Following our success in securing short-medium term funding to rebuild our operations during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have created a 12-month management role to support and develop our operational functions. This is an essential part of our organisational structure and we hope to raise further funds to extend the role beyond the initial 12-month period.
The Farm has an exceptional range of animals, horses, birds, pond life, ecological habitats, insects, herbs, dye and medicinal plants, vegetables, trees, and fruit bushes. It also has:
• An all-weather floodlit riding arena and paddocks and a strong track record of delivering both general riding and Riding for the Disabled lessons (the riding school was closed at the start of the COVID-19 lockdown and will remain closed whilst we undertake essential refurbishment of our paddocks).
• A visitor and family friendly café
• A Community garden recently developed and run by volunteers
• A range of different “outdoors” environments, animals, plants, and natural habitats that directly support the curriculum needs of over 80 inner-city schools (that cannot be accommodated on their cramped inner-city sites)
• High quality modern meeting/classroom/training/events facilities (that provide ideal facilities and a very different “inner-city environment”) for corporate team building events, training, birthday parties, wedding receptions, art/crafts and music activities, exhibitions, filming and TV.
Apply now by emailing your CV and 1 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org