What is ROOTED?
Resilience to Overcome Obstacles Threatening Educational/Emotional Development
ROOTED is a personal development programme aimed at helping young people to:
- Increase their confidence, aspirations & motivation
- Identify their goals and pathways to success
- Improve their engagement with mainstream education
- Manage their feelings
- Improve their resilience and emotional well-being
- Overcome their background challenges & barriers
Who is it for?
ROOTED is aimed at children & young people aged 8-18 who fall into two or more of the following:
- Are from low income families
- Are or are at risk of becoming low educational achievers
- Are regularly absent from school
- Struggle to maintain focus in class
- Exhibit challenging behaviour
- Have been or are at risk of being excluded
ROOTED is for groups of up to 12 pupils who attend a two to three hour long session each week for six weeks in which they are set age appropriate challenges and activities across the farm, from animal care to horticulture & cookery. All tasks involve communication, problem solving and teamwork skills. Individuals are encouraged to identify personal development goals to support their ability to make positive choices and help them develop the tools and motivation to overcome their personal barriers to educational engagement & achievement.
What does it cost?
Each six week programme costs £1,200 for a group of up to twelve young people (equivalent to £16.67 per person per session). However, there is funding available for schools based in Lambeth and Southwark. If 50% or more of your group are from low income families living in Lambeth, funding from The Walcot Foundation will subsidise this fee by 50% bringing the cost per six week programme down to £600 (equivalent to as little as £8.33 per person per session).
Share this page