Since 2017, we have been partnered with the Prince’s Trust to run ‘Get Started with Animal Care’ programmes for young people, aged 16-25, not in education, training or employment.
These programmes are designed to:
- Impart experience in animal care and welfare
- Learn about the processes involved in running a farm
- Take part in animal handling, grooming and enrichment activities
- Improve confidence, communication and teamwork
- Offer the opportunity to gain Animal First Aid qualification
We are excited to be running our first ‘Get Started With Horses’ this December!
We will be working with NKC Equestrian Training, who will teach the young people about equine first aid. All young people completing the training and passing the assessment will receive a BHS Equine First Aid qualification.